Thursday 7 June 2012

More about me!

I am a Senior Education Officer at the Ministry of Education, with responsibility for Early Childhood Education. In addition to my secular duties of monitoring programmes and inspecting preschools and early childhood centres, I am currently teaching an Associate Degree programme at the Division of Teacher Education. It’s an all-girls class with the majority of students being between 19 – 35 years. While some of them are experienced in childcare services, there are quite a few who are simply in-limbo as they decide what it is they really want to do.
I love children and I love teaching. Put that mix together and you have a person who is really interested in producing textbooks and story books for early learners using modern technology. During this course, I hope to learn ways in which I can use the technology in early childhood settings, apart from the usual websites that are available; if possible I would like to create a website for early childhood operators, teachers and children and start producing newsletters and magazines using technology, of course.
I have a computer at home which Window 7as well as a laptop which is Vista. Sometimes they work quite well but at other times they behave badly.

1 comment:

  1. Your Early Childhood perspective brings a potentially rich contribution to this course. Please do always share that perspective in your group discussions and wiki contributions so that we can all learn.

    ReplyDelete